Highlights from the first annual Amazing Chase, September, 2016
Announcing! The 2018 Amazing Chase will take place September 22nd! Where else can you get a chance to push your own boundaries, sample area activities, and visit landmarks?
Fast Paced Fun
The Amazing Chase is a team tech adventure race involving a series of challenging team building activities. This adventure involves SMART technology, strategy, finding landmarks, solving clues, trivia, performing tasks, completing physical challenges, and taking photos/videos.
GOAL: Earn the most points AND return to the finish line before your competition!
High-Tech Eco Elements
The first event of its kind in Maine, teams will utilize high-tech Apple iPads and experience video, photo, and audio clues as well as multi-media trivia. Drones will capture footage from the air and some players will have Go-Pro cameras for a birds eye view of the fun! The entire event will be produced into a feature video for all teams to enjoy!
Adventure & Exploration of the Sebago Lakes Region
Similar to The Amazing Race (that reality t.v. show you’ve seen on CBS), our event involves:
- 5 Primary Checkpoints that involve physical team challenges at some of our region’s most scenic sites. Although you are not required to stop at checkpoints, finishing these challenges will earn you the highest amount of points. Hint: Physical challenges may include kayaking, scaling a climbing wall or zip lining.
- Pitstops that will take you all over the region to tackle mental & bizarre challenges! Hint: Pitstops might involve obtaining a selfie with a local business owner, recording your team singing a famous song, etc.
- Road Blocks that will test your team strategy but pack the game with fun and surprises! Hint: Road Blocks occur when you least expect it and put you off course for a bit for things like…a life sized chess game, a geocache hunt, or collecting certain items.
Register your team before September 5th and be entered to win transportation for the event in a chauffeur-driven vehicle provided by Macdonald Motors, Bridgton! You can plan your strategy without trying to drive at the same time!
The Amazing Chase is a SECOND-TO-NONE team building opportunity for:
- Adventure Seekers with a competitive spirit
- Athletic & Non-Athletic outdoor enthusiasts
- Business/Corporate Teams
- Visitors to the area who want to explore our region’s most beautiful and scenic destinations!
- Locals (families!) that would like to experience home turf in a new and exciting way!
A team-building experience LIKE NO OTHER, expect to
- build relationships
- strengthen collaboration
- build leadership & accountability
- build trust & camaraderie
- learn to problem solve as a team
- learn better communication skills
- learn strategy and goal setting skills
“I enjoyed the team building aspect the most about the Amazing Chase. We started as just a group of people who worked at the same place, then we began overcoming obstacles together and all of a sudden we were a team.” – Brett Mills, Sabre Yachts
Support “Feed the Need”
This event also raises money for our “Feed the Need” initiative. Earn points before the event by raising money to eliminate hunger in the Sebago Lakes region.
Essential Amazing Chase Facts:
|The Amazing Chase:||Kicks off at 9:00am and ends at 1:00pm*|
|The Base this Year is:||Windham Veterans Center, 35 Veterans Memorial Drive, Windham|
|After Party:||Medals for the Top (3) Teams, 1:15-2:30pm|
|Food, Beverages, Music, Prizes & Event Slide Show Recap!|
*Teams are required to arrive at 8am to check-in and attend live orientation.
*All Teams must be back at the FINISH by 1:00pm.